This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
In this programme you will explore the gender dynamics in the modern global workplace.
Learn more about various workplace issues within global and local contexts, with a special focus on Berlin businesses. While Iceland has recently introduced a new law to pay equal wages for both men and women, it is a fact that German women are still paid on average 21% less than men. Gender pay gap, inequality and sexual harassment are only some of the controversial issues that are being discussed nowadays. Legal and cultural differences are leading to different outcomes worldwide, as social media keep playing a fundamental role.
Why choose this programme?
Select this programme if you want to:
- Understand the role of gender in the workplace through legal, cultural and economic lenses in German, European and global business contexts
- Study in a multicultural environment
- Employ methodologies based on real cases
- Learn from experts in the field
- Develop your soft skills
- Get career coaching
- Study in English
- Visit local companies
- Enjoy the dynamic city of Berlin, by day and night
Objectives of the programme
- Understand the dynamics of gender in the workplace
- Discuss issues such as gender pay gap and “the glass ceiling”
- Provide opportunities for participants to consider real-world examples in several contexts
- Understand current themes and activisms regarding gender equality
- Improve German/English language proficiency
- Better understand German business culture
What will you learn?
- GISMA’s Summer and Winter School programme will allow students to gain an overarching understanding of the German business landscape and offers a broad and realistic impression of German culture, heritage and daily life.
GISMA’s Summer and Winter School programme runs for two weeks and consists of two modules. Each module will be split into:
- Two blocks of lectures with two study subjects and 12 contact hours each
- German classes or Business English/Study Skills classes - 4 hours per week
- 1-2 company visits per programme
- 2-3 extracurricular activities per week
- 2-3 free evenings per week
Who should attend
The Gender Dynamics in the Global Workplace programme is specifically designed for bachelor students and graduates interested in working abroad and discovering new cultures or looking to study a further degree in Germany.
Introducing GISMA Business School’s New Berlin Campus
Reasons to study at GISMA Business School