Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Team Leader, HR Director, HR Business Partner, or other titles with leader or director
- Employees who have roles related to designing, recruiting, incentivizing, modernizing, employee experience, or similar in the workplace or organization
- The course is also relevant to general managers in middle and upper management positions, involved in hiring, evaluating, and incentivizing employees
About the course
Disruption lies ahead. Prepare your organization by creating the workforce of the future. The world of work has become incredibly complex. Technological and social forces are changing how work is done, who does it, and even what work looks like. Change is happening at a rapid pace. What leaders expect — and what is expected of them — is changing, too.
This course explores multiple forces that are transforming the modern labor markets and workplaces, including technology, automation and globalization. It blends theory and practice on how these forces are impacting human capital investment, workforce organization, talent acquisition, performance measurement and incentive design.
WHAT SETS THIS PROGRAM APART
- This course draws on the latest academic and business research to provide a unique, integrated exploration of the future of work.
- This course examines trends, uses case studies of emerging business practices and provides applicable frameworks.
- Participants will gain the tools for understanding and designing responses to the interlocking challenges and opportunities created by the ongoing unprecedented transformation of work.
This five-week online course consists of eight asynchronous modules and the course concludes with a live synchronous session. The combination of the online platform, discussion groups and interactive live session foster a dynamic learning environment.
- Duration: 5 Weeks
- Weekly Coursework: 5-7 hours/week
- Format: Asynchronous & Synchronous sessions
- Module 1: Future of Work - Overview of Key Trends
- Module 2: Talent Acquisition: Challenges and Solutions
- Module 3: Emerging Trends in Talent Acquisition
- Module 4: Human Capital Investment -- Developing Skills for the Future Workplace
- Module 5: The Evolution of Performance Evaluation
- Module 6: Designing Incentives to Enhance Productivity
- Module 7: Using People Analytics to Enhance Organizational Performance
- Module 8: Alternative Strategic Talen Management Approaches
- Presentation of Group Projects/Case Studies
- Develop an action plan for immediate implementation in your organization that incorporates emerging best practices in hiring, worker evaluation and incentive designs, that reflects the changing nature of work
- Gain tools and frameworks for reimagining human capital practices to hire, retain, and incentivize your workforce to enhance organizational productivity
- Discover how emerging trends in technology, automation, and globalization impacting labor markets around the world impact your organization
- Explore new approaches to human capital management facilitated by technology
- Become a change agent in your organization on future of work initiatives
- Discover how emerging trends impact your personal work environment and future prospects
- Enhance processes and procedures to improve productivity for yourself, colleagues and teams
Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellow EDUCATION PhD University of Chicago 2004 MBA Indian Institute of Management 1996 BTech Indian Institute of Technology 1994
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.