Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for L&D managers and leaders, and any practitioners who want to gain insights and ideas to transform their learning practice and functions to embed future-focussed approaches.
About the course
Explore the fundamental shifts in organisational learning with this two-day short course.
Shifts in organisational learning are having profound implications on organisations. The demand for business alignment, the use of data and metrics, influences of neuroscience, the requirement for agile in-the-flow of work learning often using digital-mobile devices, the place for socialised learning and the need for effective learning measurement place an unprecedented need for all L&D functions to transform.
This two-day course from CIPD Training explores these fundamental shifts in organisational learning to give you all the knowledge you need to transform your own organisation to be future focused.
This programme is split into eight, research informed, fast paced 90 minute sessions covering the foundations of each key shift in Learning and Development over two face to face days.
The sessions will be delivered through guided group discussions and give you the opportunity to explore, discover, challenge and discuss new practice and insights with other L&D professionals.
The style of delivery is designed to ‘spark’ your own thinking, giving you future focused inspiration and ideas to take away.
- Programme Introduction
- Shifting to business aligned learning
- What, where and why?
- Exploring potential new roles in L&D
- 7 habits of business aligned L&D teams
- Shifting to measuring learning value
- Defining what we should measure
- How to measure learning value more effectively
- Shifting to data informed learning
- Defining the terms: measures, metrics and KPI’s
- Exploring the stages of the analytics capability curve
- Engaging with strategy and stakeholders in using metrics
- Using metrics in learning: a simple case study
- Shifting to brain engaged learning
- Explore neuroscience and motivational theories: how they inform design
- Discuss the characteristics
- Shifting to digital learning
- Explore how to create cost-effective digital learning (components)
- Establish 8 reasons why digital learning supports a business (context)
- Connecting with learners – where technology comes in
- Shifting to social learning
- Defining social learning for understanding
- Strategic v’s tactical
- Shifting to curated learning
- Define what learning curation and research is telling us
- Explore the mind-set and skill-set required for learning curation
- Determine 6 reasons for curating learning
- Assessing quality, value and IP considerations
- Shifting to self-directed learning
- Define the term self-directed learner
- Explore current research supporting the concept of self-directed learning
- Debate challenges for L&D functions
Founder of Emotion at Work, fascinated by people, identity, behaviour, culture and learning. I've made a promise to make work better for everyone by placing emotion at the heart of work. Occasionally I'm told that I care too much. Most often that helps as it drives me to do brilliant work tha...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.