Who should attend
This program is intended for professionals who are interested in learning successful strategies of fundraising including those in the following positions:
- Nonprofit development professionals
- Board of director members
- Grant writers
- Nonprofit program staff
- For profit professionals: sales directors and managers
- Nonprofit volunteers and philanthropic individuals
About the course
Fundraising can be an intimidating, exhausting act no matter the cause. Raising money takes tact, strategy, the ability to make a strong case, consistency and a subtle finesse that doesn’t always come naturally. This course will teach you how to implement viable tools and optimize these tools to make the most of your fundraising experience.
This ten-week certificate program is designed to help you excel in both internal and external-facing fundraising. In this course, you will practice strategic and critical thinking, conflict resolution, and the importance of being over-prepared and donor-centered, and you will ultimately learn to transcend the fear of “the ask”.
Course assignments, exercises and the grading rubric are designed to present a fresh approach to real-world professional situations that will challenge your creativity as well as your pragmatism in seeking, locating and understanding solutions to procuring funds for your organization.
Upon completion of this program, you will possess the knowledge base to be able to access, research, approach, solicit and steward funders with increased confidence.
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Use prioritization tools and practical skills required to meet or exceed your fundraising goals
- See where you can make the most fundraising progress within the confines of your organization’s resources
- Understand how to access, research, approach, solicit and steward funders with increased confidence and actualization
- Solve challenges and conflicts between donors, solicitors and peers
- Making a strong case
- Individual giving
- Corporations and foundations
- Major gifts
- Legacy and planned gifts
- Government funding
- Fundraising and friend-raising events
- Capital and other specific campaigns
- Fundraising best practices
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) code of ethics
- Long-term and short-term fundraising planning
- Donor cultivation and stewardship commitment
- Donor-centered listening
- Data entry and appeal
- Direct mail and online fundraising
- Social media
- Crowd funding/peer-to-peer
- Self-care in fundraising
For over a decade, Hannah has served in an administrative, communications and development capacity for social service, advocacy and fair trade nonprofit organizations. Her experience includes e-marketing and communications strategy and design, website and social media management, Raiser's Edge da...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.