Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Building Strong Giving Programs
School leaders face a multitude of challenges to ensure their dollars cover their institutions’ academic goals, enrichment programs and standards for educating each student. This interactive program provides a deep dive into developing sustainable fundraising processes and crafting messages that resonate with donors. Learn how to identify and engage donors in any school environment with expert Kellogg faculty and seasoned school fundraisers who will teach participants new skills for fundraising and strategies for energizing their constituents.
Designed for principals, heads of school, lead teachers and administrators, and other education leaders, this program will also help you create a development mindset so you can learn to think like the donor, design dynamic development plans, solicit gifts for your school, and partner with board members, friends and parents to reach your collective fundraising goals.
Consider attending Major Gift Solicitation Strategies immediately following this program to extend your learning experience.
- Acquire new knowledge of successful strategies in school fundraising
- Understand donor motivation and how to engage donors in your school fundraising
- Integrate annual fundraising efforts with other aspects of school fundraising, including campaigns and events
- Enhance and deepen your personal leadership skills
- Broaden your network of peer school leaders focused on enhancing fundraising efforts
Finding Donors When Your Base Isn’t Obvious
- Expand your potential base of support
- Develop existing networks
- Evaluate and pursue acquisition options
- Identify strategic opportunities
- Enlist leadership to advocate more powerfully
Advancing Your Annual Fund
- Learn key elements of successful annual giving efforts
- Identify speed fundraising options
- Build a plan that works and grows
Developing Dynamic Development Plans
- Identify the essential components of a successful plan
- Learn about options to tailor your plan to your school’s unique needs and opportunities
Creating Compelling Value Propositions
- Learn to create and communicate compelling donor messages
- Reflect on the functional and psychological value your school creates
- Incorporate your collaborators into your value proposition
- Use your data to increase fundraising performance and raise more money
- Increase operational efficiency and gain deeper insight in order to make better asks
- Leverage your information to manage risk and hedge the unknown
Maximizing Your Digital Presence
- Explore sustainable approaches for maintaining your digital presence
- Learn to better engage stakeholders across your digital tools
- Understand how to best connect your fundraising plans to your digital channels
Who should attend
- School principals, superintendents and heads of school
- CEOs and executive directors of nonprofit educational organizations
- School board members
- Development directors, marketing directors and enrollment managers
- Department heads with oversight of development and/or marketing functions of nonprofit educational organizations
- School team members with development or marketing responsibilities
Trust the experts
Liz Livingston Howard
Liz Livingston Howard is a graduate of Northwestern University and holds an MBA degree from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern. Ms. Howard is the Director of Kellogg's Nonprofit Management Executive Education programs and a Clinical Professor of Management. She developed and teaches...
PHONE 412-268-3701 OFFICE GSIA - Tepper School of Business - Room 307 AREA OF EXPERTISE Economics Strategy EDUCATION University of Chicago - Ph D - 1982 Australian National University - BEc (Hons 1) - 1977 USEFUL LINKS Home page
Megan Kashner is a Clinical Assistant Professor in Kellogg's Public-Private Interface and Director of Social Impact. Kashner comes to Kellogg from an extensive career in the impact sector, most recently as the Founder of Benevolent, a philanthropic platform that invites donors to step in and fill...
Amy Stewart Smith
Amy Stewart Smith - Academic Director; Director of Nonprofit Executive Programs
Gina Fong is a consumer anthropologist and the principal at Fong Insight, a marketing consulting firm based in Chicago, Illinois. She integrates creative problem solving, engaging storytelling, and analytical moderating to help her clients develop game-changing strategies for their business chall...
Managing Director for Catholic School Management and Mission Advancement, divisions of Christian Brothers Services