Fundamentals of Swaps
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
This training programme will take you step-by-step through the fundamentals of pricing and trading generic and simple non-generic interest rate and currency swaps. It will explore and apply the different strategies, techniques and methods commonly employed by the industry. Equal attention will be given to the theoretical concepts and the practical applications.
The course is aimed at an international audience and is specifically designed for professionals wanting to increase their practical understanding of pricing, trading and hedging techniques. You will benefit by developing a robust set of new skills that you will be able to implement and put into practice as soon as you return to the desk.
The course is also utilised by professionals undertaking threshold competency examinations who want a “real-world” guide to the uses and applications of swaps in today’s marketplace.
Explore and apply the different strategies, techniques and methods commonly employed by the industry.
Key topics and benefits:
- The development of the swaps market, its current size and key players
- Main swap instruments including interest rate swaps, currency swaps and simple non-generic swaps
- Uses and applications of swap products
- Swap portfolio risk management
- Capital requirements, documentation and regulatory issues
- Featuring practical workshops on simple swap strategies; Bootstrapping;
- Swap structuring and pricing; Identifying and managing swap risks
How You Will Learn
Be guided step-by-step by a master of the swap markets, who draws on his extensive experience throughout the course Case studies include: The dynamics of total return swaps, Fidelity and JP Morgan; Valuing an interest rate swap in Excel; Valuing an interest rate swap in Excel; Vodafone: interest rate hedging; Discounting swaps using the OIS curve; Cross currency basis swaps