Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you want to become a responsible manager and positively contribute to your work environment this programme is for you. This training is designed for employees and managers from all levels of the organization who want to gain a deeper understanding of sustainability.
About the course
This programme provides you with a solid understanding of the main aspects of sustainability. Start by exploring the individual, company and societal perspectives of sustainability. Energy efficiency, water use and waste management are covered in more detail, to raise awareness for sustainable day-to-day practices. This three-day programme is designed to give you a wider perspective of what sustainability really is and what it is not and to familiarize you with drivers, dimensions, tools and measures of sustainable management practices. As a result, you will be motivated to continue and become sustainability champions in your organizations.
How will you benefit?
- After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- become a competent advocate for sustainability
- define and explain main sustainability concepts and drivers
- understand the impact of personal and managerial decisions on energy and water use
- use waste management to save resources and to create value
- consider and intelligently discuss main sustainability issues from multiple perspectives
- proudly develop your responsible attitudes towards sustainable development
What will you learn and practice?
Module 1: What is Sustainability Management and what it is not?
- Main sustainability dimensions, aspects and principles
- Key differences between Business as usual vs Sustainable business
Module 2: Diverse levels of sustainability: Individual, company and societal level
Module 3: Main sustainability concepts and drivers: Ecological footprint, Ecosystem services, Planetary boundaries, Systems and CSR
Module 4: Energy efficiency: Fossil fuels, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Making the transition
Module 5: Water use: problems and solutions
Module 6: Waste management
Module 7: Sustainability tools and measurement
Module 8: Sustainable management practices: examples
Module 9: How to become a sustainability champion?
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.