Fundamentals of Risk Management (Online)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Stellenbosch Business School.Full disclaimer.
Risk is unavoidable. Are you able to identify the risk in your business and outline an intelligent, precautionary action plan? With USB-ED’s Fundamentals of Risk Management short course you’ll discover invaluable tools used to successfully address potential drawbacks in your business, and move forward to apply risk-focused principles.
What will I learn?
- Define the aims and principles of risk management
- Administer governance relevant to risk management
- Engage with different legislation and reporting structures, roles and responsibilities
- Distinguish processes for formulating risk categories
- Use different assessment methodologies for continuous improvement
- Calculate your stakeholder analysis
- Monitor internal and external contexts
- Assess your cost benefit analysis
- Gauge considerations relevant to information systems for risk management
- Week 1 - Introduction to Risk Management
- Week 2 - Standards, Guidelines and Risk Strategy
- Week 3 - Risk Management Policy, Risk Classification and Continuous Improvement
- Week 4 - Risk Management Framework – Communication and Context
- Week 5 - Risk Management Framework – Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation
- Week 6 - Risk Management Framework – Risk Treatment and Monitoring and Review
- Week 7 - Risk Management Processes – Assignment
- Week 8 - Risk Reporting and Attributes of Effective Risk Management
- Week 9 - Risk Enablers: Change Leadership and Information Management
- Week 10 - Risk Enablers: Project Management and Customer Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Week 11 - Risk Enablers: Communication and Research and Analysis
- Week 12 - Risk Reporting – Assignment
Who should attend
This short course is aimed at those pursuing a career in risk management, or who currently occupy positions of leadership where they’re required to coordinate and steer risk strategy in their respective department or everyday duties. Multiple exercises and assignments will expand your risk management skill-set, and online support will ensure consistent progress throughout the short course.