Fundamentals of Product Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
To help product managers become more successful in their roles by introducing them to a framework for product management – the role; the key tasks and processes they should use and guidelines for product managers to manage themselves and their development. This workshop provides an overview of the principles of product management as applied in a range of industries covering both goods and services.
- Deal with some of the common challenges facing product managers.
- Understand the key elements and stages in building a product plan.
- Understand and contribute to the product development process.
- Evaluate your product range and suggest alternatives for performance improvement.
- Develop appropriate product strategies based on an analysis of the lifecycles of your products.
- Analyse a portfolio of products and understand the role of your product in its portfolio.
- Clarify your role and responsibilities.
Who should attend
Current or recently appointed product managers, managers of product managers and other executives introducing product management as a discipline into their organisations who have little formal knowledge of product management.
Some previous knowledge of basic marketing principles is assumed.