Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Enroll in Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Series to build a well-rounded foundation of leadership and influence. Effective leadership is developed by honing specific skills and behaviors, and in the Fundamentals courses, physicians will explore tactics and strategies to strengthen organizational values, improve team performance, streamline redundant processes and more.
Products contained within this bundle are:
- Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Communication
- Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Finance
- Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Negotiation
- Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Influence
- Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Quality
Topics covered in this series of courses include:
- The 4-step framework for improving teammate performance.
- Identifying a person’s communication style based on their observable behavior.
- A proven step-by-step structure for negotiating higher salary, increased responsibility and more.
- Keys to cultivating a growth-based mindset.
- The critical words and phrases every physician needs to speak the language of organizational finance.
- And more than 20+ hours of content, filled with actionable takeaways.
Note: Health Care Quality: The Clinician’s Primer (ISBN: 978-0978730673), is a recommended resource for this series that you can utilize throughout your course. This resource can be found on Amazon, as well as other similar retailers.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Communication
Interpret non-verbal cues and word use that can communicate intent.
Determine personal communication style and personality type.
Develop strategies for building relationships and working with others.
Understand the four communication styles based on the DiSC psychometric assessment.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Finance
Define and apply basic concepts of finance.
Understand the four types of accounting.
Analyze fiscal reports to evaluate organizational performance.
Apply financial principles to make informed decisions.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Negotiation
Uncover the proven, step-by-step structure to negotiate anything.
Analyze the three parameters that keep negotiators protected during a discussion.
Understand exactly when to walk away from a negotiation.
Develop strategies to create win/win situations for all parties.
** Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Quality**
Assess the impact of financial and quality disruptors driving a consumer-centric health care system.
Examine the elements of quality improvement theories and frameworks.
Understand how the history of quality and safety have impacted current health reform.
Identify the components needed to develop a culture of training.
** Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Influence**
Identify core values which guide leadership styles and decision making.
Discover current leadership level and potential personal impact.
Explore processes for leading a team, tribe and organization.
Develop strategies to maximize productivity of teams and individuals
Method Of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Watch all the video lectures for each course.
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.