Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Association for Physician Leadership.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This series includes three live courses: Influence (7 CME), Negotiation (7 CME), and Communication (3.5 CME) at Spring Summit as well as two online courses on Finance (7 CME) and Quality (7 CME) that can be completed when you return home.
Are you ready to begin your leadership journey but don’t know where to start? Then it’s time to register for the Fundamentals of Physician Leadership series. At Spring Summit, you’ll be able to attend live courses on communication, influence, and negotiation with your physician leader peers as you engage in lively discussion and activities together. You’ll leave Washington D.C. with answers to questions like, “what are the values I hold that drive my decisions?” “How do I best deliver messages to my team that will result in the desired outcome?” And, “how can I successfully negotiate a higher salary?"
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Influence - Day 1
- Identify core values which guide leadership styles and decision making
- Discover current leadership level and potential personal impact
- Explore processes for leading a team, tribe, and organization
- Develop strategies to maximize productivity of teams and individuals
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Negotiation - Day 2
- Uncover the proven step-by-step structure to negotiate anything
- Analyze the three parameters that keep negotiators protected during a discussion
- Understand exactly when to walk away from a negotiation
- Develop strategies to create win/win situations for all parties
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Communication - Day 3
- Interpret non-verbal cues and specific words that can communicate intent
- Determine personal communication style and personality type
- Develop strategies for building relationships and working with others
- Understand the four communication styles based on the DiSC psychometric assessment
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Finance - Online Self-Study
- Define and apply basic concepts of finance
- Understand the four types of accounting
- Analyze fiscal reports to evaluate organizational performance
- Apply financial principles to make informed decisions
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Quality - Online Self-Study
- Assess quality as it relates to a consumer-centric health care system
- Examine the elements of quality improvement theories and frameworks
- Understand how the history of quality and safety have impacted current health reform
- Identify the components needed to develop a culture of training
Method Of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable)
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours
Access to Course Expires: 365 days from start date of course
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this enduring material for a maximum of 31.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Trust the experts
Amanda Weirup is an assistant professor in the Management Division at Babson College. She currently teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in negotiation and conflict resolution. Prior to entering academia, Weirup spent more than ten years consulting clients at Bain & Company and Accentu...
Timothy J. Keogh is adjunct professor in the Department of Health Policy and Management, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, where he teaches negotiation and management communication in the master of health administration program. Formerly, Dr. Keogh taught leadership...
Carrie Kish is a partner in and the CEO of CultureSync, a management consulting firm that specializes in leadership development and culture change. Kish has more than 20 years’ experience as a consultant, a leadership trainer and a coach. She specializes in leadership training for executives, sm...