Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Leadership isn’t a destination – it’s an ongoing journey.
This course series represents the first, and most critical, step of your transformation from contributor to leader. Over the course of three and a half days, you will work with industry experts to create custom leadership development plans, explore the attributes of effective leaders, study proven negotiation techniques, and more.
Plus, to support your educational goals and personalize your journey, you will complete the CPI260 competency-based psychometric assessment to help you identify any leadership blind spots.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Influence - Day 1
- Identify core values which guide leadership styles and decision making
- Discover current leadership level and potential personal impact
- Explore processes for leading a team, tribe, and organization
- Develop strategies to maximize productivity of teams and individuals
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Negotiation - Day 2
- Uncover the proven step-by-step structure to negotiate anything
- Analyze the three parameters that keep negotiators protected during a discussion
- Understand exactly when to walk away from a negotiation
- Develop strategies to create win/win situations for all parties
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Communication - Day 3
- Interpret non-verbal cues and specific words that can communicate intent
- Determine personal communication style and personality type
- Develop strategies for building relationships and working with others
- Understand the four communication styles based on the DiSC psychometric assessment
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Finance - Online Self-Study
- Define and apply basic concepts of finance
- Understand the four types of accounting
- Analyze fiscal reports to evaluate organizational performance
- Apply financial principles to make informed decisions
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Quality - Online Self-Study
- Assess quality as it relates to a consumer-centric health care system
- Examine the elements of quality improvement theories and frameworks
- Understand how the history of quality and safety have impacted current health reform
- Identify the components needed to develop a culture of training
Method Of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable)
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours
Access to Course Expires: 365 days from start date of course
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this enduring material for a maximum of 31.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.