Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you are a newly-appointed marketers; product, brand, and advertising manager; business professional or an executive who need a clearer understanding of marketing’s role in generating profits, this programme is for you.
About the course
As a marketing professional, you need to have a clear understanding of your markets and what drives your customers' decisions to buy. In this course, you’ll get modern techniques for analyzing markets and quantifying customer needs, wants, and preferences (NWP). Learn tactics to utilize the 4 Ps of Marketing (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion) and proven tools and methods to avoid the most common marketing mistakes. In hands-on activities, you’ll discover how to implement the right approach for your company’s unique needs.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Recognize the wide-ranging marketing roles and functions within different organizations
- Apply modern techniques for conducting marketplace analysis
- Utilize insightful marketing tactics to pinpoint why customers buy or don’t buy
- Align the 4 Ps with your products, services, and customer wants
What will you learn and practice?
Fundamentals of Marketing is a 4-lesson hands-on training programme. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
- Apply Marketing Principles and Practices to Compete Successfully in the Contemporary Business Environment
- Explain the “Whys” and “Hows” Behind Fundamental Marketing Practices
- Walk Away Thinking Like a Marketer
- Define Marketing
- Identify the Role of Marketing
- Contrast Strategic Business Plans with Annual Marketing Plans
- Describe Approaches to Gathering Marketing Information
- Identify Macro-Environmental Trends That Impact a Business
- Define Key Differences Between B2B and B2C Markets
- Conduct a Competitive Analysis
Market Analysis (cont’d)
- Develop a SWOT Analysis
Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Write SMART Marketing Goals
- Compare Mass Marketing to Segmentation Marketing
- Analyze Customer Segments in Order to Select Target Audiences
- Write a Positioning Statement
- Explain How the Four Ps Align with One Another
- Describe How a Product Itself Can Impact Marketing Efforts
- Explain Various Pricing Objectives and Strategies
- Discuss How Channels of Distribution Impact Marketing Decisions
- Define Objectives and Strategies for Core Modes of Communication
Creating Customer Value
- Describe How to Create Customer Value, Satisfaction, and Loyalty
- Define Net Promoter Score as a Measure of Customer Loyalty
- Identify Ways Organizations Cultivate Customer Relationships
- Create an Approach to Developing Marketing Action Plans and Budgets
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.