Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is ideal for mid-level professionals from all disciplines looking to gain a firm foundation in global finance. No previous financial education is required.
About the course
Fundamentals of finance course overview
Fundamentals of Finance is our new virtual programme equipping non-finance managers with the foundations of corporate finance and accounting practices. During these 5 weeks, you will learn the key concepts to help you understand and interpret financial information.
This virtual programme features 90-minute live faculty lectures with a Q&A at the end of each session. The live sessions include engaging case studies that help create an interactive, personalised and supportive learning experience.
Foundations of corporate finance
Imperial’s experienced finance professors will help you understand how to utilise financial information such as statements of cash flow to advance your organisation and career. You will be encouraged to think critically about financial practices and apply them towards making your organisation more efficient and profitable.
At Imperial College London, our world-leading experts have combined scientific rigour with practical experience and the latest research to develop immersive virtual programmes – delivered in real time – in several areas of commerce, leadership and innovation so you can define the very future of business. Let us meet you where you are – and take you where you want to be.
- Learn in real-time through live interactive sessions from Imperial faculty and industry leaders
- Intensive approach that fits into your busy schedule
- Two live sessions per week, 90 minutes plus Q&A
- Engaging, cutting-edge learning platform with mobile access
- Limited seats available; secure your seat early
- All live sessions are recorded so you can view them again at any time during the programme
- Understand how to read and interpret a company’s financial statements
- Gain the skills to apply financial information to business problems and make sound business decisions
- Understand how operating decisions can be used to improve financial results
- Understand how strategy and finance be combined to create value for shareholders
Education DPhil, University of Oxford, 1980; MPhil, University of Oxford, 1979; BA, University of East Anglia, 1977 Career and Recent Professional Awards; Teaching Awards The Class of 1984 Teaching Award, 1996, 1997; Helen Kardon Moss Anvil Award, 1993, 1999; Excellence in Teaching Award (Graduat...
Summary Cláudia Custódio is an Associate Professor of Finance at Imperial College since 2016. She was awarded her PhD from the London School of Economics in 2010. After graduating Cláudia spent time in the US working within the Department of Finance at the W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.