Who should attend
- Mid to senior level managers who are aspiring to more senior roles
- Business owners who are contemplating new and complex opportunities
- Professionals who have not had finance training, but need a sound understanding of the discipline to be effective in their organization.
About the course
In this one day intensive program, you will learn the fundamentals of finance as it relates to your organization.
Participants who do not work in finance roles will be provided a sound understanding of accounting and finance required to be effective in their organization. This program will look at the basic business finance language, the logic of business, and the structure and content of financial statements and key indicators.
A simulation exercise as well as case studies will be used to compare financial decision-making in large complex environments with small, single product enterprises.
- Fundamental understanding of key business finance concepts
- Grasp the importance of working capital
- Understand issues of scale and growth
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Understand interdependencies
- The meaning of value drivers and how to use them
David Hurst is a speaker, writer and management educator. He spent twenty-five years working in the corporate world as a senior executive in what he describes as a series of business “train wrecks.” He is a reflective practitioner and these experiences, together with his research, have led him t...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.