Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
Any manager who wishes to improve their professional effectiveness and career mobility.
About the course
Develop Your Skills in Dealing with Financial Information
This program is designed to help managers with little or no experience in accounting or financial management to develop a working knowledge of these critical business areas. Build your confidence in reading and understanding financial information. Improve your ability to question and discuss financial decisions. Learn methods often used to evaluate the financial viability and impact of business decisions.
Online program format
Each day includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time. The sessions are highly interactive, with opportunities for you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. Breaks between sessions provide ample time for you to reflect on what you have learned and recharge your energies. You will also receive supplemental resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can access at any time before, during or after the program.
Benefits for you
- Improve your managerial effectiveness through a better understanding of financial information
- Apply basic financial concepts and techniques to better support your decision making process
- Integrate financial information with other business functions
- Make more informed investment and management decisions
- Use capital budgeting techniques to evaluate business alternatives
- Communicate and work more effectively with financial professionals
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the accounting process
- Managerial vs. Financial accounting
- Balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows, audit reports and other reports accompanying financial statements
- The time value of money and capital budgeting
- Lease vs. purchase
- Cash, inventory and accounts receivable management
- Relevant, variable and fixed costs
- Cost volume profit analysis
Cases, problems and participant examples will be used to demonstrate the practical application of concepts discussed in the course.
Scott is a lecturer at the Sauder School of Business. He has been actively involved in professional accounting education for more than 30 years. He was the principal author for the CA School of Business in Western Canada between 2000 and 2010, and has won multiple awards for teaching excellence. ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.