Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Develop Your Skills in Dealing with Financial Information
This course is designed to help managers with little or no experience in accounting or financial management to develop a working knowledge of these critical business areas. Build your confidence in reading and understanding financial information. Improve your ability to question and discuss financial decisions. Learn methods often used to evaluate the financial viability and impact of business decisions.
What you will learn
- Improve your managerial effectiveness through a better understanding of financial information
- Apply basic financial concepts and techniques to better support your decision making process
- Integrate financial information with other business functions
- Make more informed investment and management decisions
- Use capital budgeting techniques to evaluate business alternatives
- Communicate and work more effectively with financial professionals
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the accounting process
- Managerial vs. Financial accounting
- Balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows, audit reports and other reports accompanying financial statements
- The time value of money and capital budgeting
- Lease vs. purchase
- Cash, inventory and accounts receivable management
- Relevant, variable and fixed costs
- Cost volume profit analysis
Cases, problems and participant examples will be used to demonstrate the practical application of concepts discussed in the course.
Who should attend
Any manager who wishes to improve their professional effectiveness and career mobility.
Trust the experts
Scott is a lecturer at the Sauder School of Business. He has been actively involved in professional accounting education for more than 30 years. He was the principal author for the CA School of Business in Western Canada between 2000 and 2010, and has won multiple awards for teaching excellence. ...