About the course
Organizations across America are implementing programs and strategies designed to help them manage and leverage D&I more effectively. Launching and sustaining a Diversity and Inclusion Initiative requires strategic planning that is based on sound methodology and a systemic approach that should be designed to address current realities of the business landscape.
This workshop offers:
- A framework that examines ten pillars of a systemic approach to D&I that is designed to sustain a focus on diversity and inclusion
- A process to launch, enhance or revitalize initiatives with thoughtful planning and sound methodology
- Developmental models and best practices to drive effectiveness and to sustain a D&I initiative
Examine and discuss:
- The need to articulate a clear link between diversity and organizational performance
- How to use key change drivers to guide the launch and sustainability of a D&I initiative
- D&I as an organizational development intervention
Approach and Features
In this two-day workshop, participants engage in highly interactive exercises and case studies to apply concepts. Networking opportunities with participants from different industries and sectors allow for the exchange of best practices from practitioners and D&I organizational leaders.
- The historical evolution of diversity and inclusion and the implications for designing and implementing D&I initiatives
- Understanding organizational readiness when launching an initiative
- Level-setting organizational understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Developing a strategic plan that is aligned with mission, vision and values
- The importance of a clear business rationale
- Communication and education as key pillars of the initiative
- Engaging employees across the organization
- Key internal and external stakeholders
- Accountability and measurement
- Rewards and recognition
Who should attend
D&I leaders and practitioners, HR leaders and practitioners who want to understand current business trends and the implications for launching or re-energizing and sustaining existing D&I Initiatives.
Trust the experts
Experience Owner Company Name The Chandler Group Cornell University, ILR School Adjunct Instructor Company Name Cornell University, ILR School Dates Employed2001 – Present Employment Duration18 yrs Vice President, Diversity Company Name The McGraw Hill Companies Dates Employed1995 – 19...
Alvin A. Smith is President of AA Smith & Associates, LLC, a Delaware based management consulting firm founded in 1998, specializing in Executive Development and Strategic Diversity Management. Al is a wonderful “storyteller” who provides a compelling firsthand account of the lessons he lear...