Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for engineers, technicians, managers, and information security professionals who work with test and evaluation from a DoD perspective.
About the course
Learn how to apply test and evaluation (T&E) to the cyber domain. The Fundamentals of Cyber Systems Test and Evaluation course approaches T&E from the perspective of Department of Defense (DoD) practitioners, covering the gamut of the roles, responsibilities, processes, procedures, and tools needed to effectively work in this space. Extensive workshops help attendees understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities, design cyber-related test plans, select appropriate measurements, and report results.
What You Will Learn
- Cyber domain and defenses introduction
- Developmental, operational, and interoperability cyber testing
- Test planning
- Test types
- Test execution and control
- Data management
How You Will Benefit
- Understand and apply cyber domain lexicon, policies, and standards.
- Describe the relationship of Developmental T&E, Operational T&E, and interoperability testing to cyber.
- Understand line and wireless network security and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct penetration testing, incident detection, and incident response.
- Know the types of cyber tools available for live-virtual-constructive tests.
- Manage risk evaluated or caused by cyber test and evaluation tools.
- Evaluate information exchange and assurance and identification security.
INTRODUCTION TO CYBER DOMAIN AND DEFENSES
- Cyber-specific terms, policies, and standards
- Threats and exploitations
- Cybersecurity mitigations including cryptography
- Risk management and assessment
DEVELOPMENTAL, OPERATIONAL, AND INTEROPERABILITY CYBER TESTING
- Test types
- Critical operational objectives
- Designing test plans
- DoD guidance
- Measures of Effectiveness (MOE)
- Measures of Performance (MOP)
- Software testing
- Network testing
- Vulnerability testing
- Penetration and red team testing
TEST EXECUTION AND CONTROL
- Challenges of embedded system testing
- Platform testing
- Managing red teams
- Traffic generation
- Data reduction and analysis
Col. Marshall Bronston (USAF, ret) is a Professional Research Engineer with Georgia Institute of Technology’s (GIT) Field Office in Tucson, Arizona. Since joining Georgia Tech, he developed concepts, programs, and systems to increase combat force effectiveness and survivability. Marshall’s work w...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.