Who should attend
- Business leaders and managers responsible for providing information systems and technologies that add value to their organizations
- Leaders with budget responsibility for groups implementing or upgrading cloud technology
About the course
Business organizations are moving IT assets to the cloud at an increasingly rapid pace — decisions that have significant financial, security, and productivity implications. This program will give you an overview of essential concepts and current thinking in cloud computing.
Topics include technologies, advantages and risks, economics, and best practices. In addition, you will gain introductory hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Identify and discuss fundamental cloud computing concepts and models (public/private; SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Analyze how cloud technologies provide business value
- Evaluate the economic benefits of adopting cloud technologies
- Create strategies for cloud adoption
- Apply the shared responsibility security model to cloud assets
- Use basic cloud services provided on AWS
This online program is self-paced and runs for 10 weeks. Estimated time required is 4–5 hours per week. Participants should be at a basic to intermediate level with at least one prior course in computer programming. No programming is required; however, participants should have a general understanding. Instructor support is available.
- Fundamental cloud concepts and technology
- Economics of cloud computing
- Security in the cloud
- Common cloud applications and services
- Hosting static web applications in the cloud
- Hosting dynamic web applications in the cloud
- Web services and packages
- Serverless computing
- Trending cloud applications: machine learning, blockchain, etc.
- Best practices for cloud migration and adoption
Dr. Piercy is a senior lecturer of MIS in the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia (UGA) and the Director of the Master of Business and Technology program - Terry College's first online Masters program. He has also been serving as the Academic Advisor for the Southeast Region CU...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.