Fundamentals of Business Project Management
Gain a solid grounding in the basic project management disciplines that can be adapted to suit projects of any size or complexity. Complete projects to meet the needs of business stakeholders while controlling time and budget.
- Project definition and planning
- Interface with the sponsor and stakeholders
- The work breakdown structure
- Estimating time, resources and cost
- Scheduling with computer software
- Tracking of progress, cost and quality
- Risk identification and management
- Developing a high-performance team
- Controlling scope changes
- Practical project control
- Handling project issues
- Communication and reporting
- Procurement and contractual aspects
- Avoiding common causes of project failure
- Closing the project
Gain insights into and knowledge of the planning, financial and people aspects of project management. Understand methods and apply techniques of project definition, planning, implementing and controlling. Adapt these to suit your organisation.
Delegates, who may lead projects or be key team members, are able to apply their skills to meet business requirements. They gain the knowledge and learn the techniques to deliver projects successfully.
Who should attend
People who are relatively new to project management whose background may be in management, finance, operations, IT, HR, engineering, architecture, construction, or any other functional area.