This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Negotiation is a basic means for resolving conflict and disputes in the workplace, home, and community. In this workshop, you’ll practice fundamental workplace negotiation skills through a series of role plays and experiential learning situations. The workshop covers:
- Negotiation fundamentals
- One-on-one approaches to negotiation
- Small-group negotiation situations
- Collective negotiations in a workplace setting
- Become familiar with the basic building blocks of negotiation
- Learn how to plan a negotiation approach and strategy
- Practice the communication skills to surface underlying needs and interests
- Positional and interest-based negotiation approaches
Approach and Features
During this two-day workshop, you’ll gain insight into your own negotiation biases, weaknesses, and strengths, and build confidence and competency through a series of role-plays and simulations. Workshop features include a conflict style diagnostic tool addressing the five common styles of dealing with conflict.
- Conflict reactions and styles
- Structuring the negotiation discussion process
- Collaborative and competitive negotiation approaches
- Building trust through negotiation
Who should attend
Labor relations, human resource, operations, and finance professionals who represent or support management in workplace negotiations.
Trust the experts
have worked many years as a labor-relations lawyer and I am a negotiator, administrator, problem-solver and teacher with a diverse portfolio. With a Harvard Law degree and more than 25 years experience, I can provide the highest quality negotiation, contract and workplace advice and assistance, a...