Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Labor relations, human resource, operations, and finance professionals who represent or support management in workplace negotiations.
About the course
Negotiation is a basic means for resolving conflict and disputes in the workplace, home, and community. In this workshop, you’ll practice fundamental workplace negotiation skills through a series of role plays and experiential learning situations. The workshop covers:
- Negotiation fundamentals
- One-on-one approaches to negotiation
- Small-group negotiation situations
- Collective negotiations in a workplace setting
- Become familiar with the basic building blocks of negotiation
- Learn how to plan a negotiation approach and strategy
- Practice the communication skills to surface underlying needs and interests
- Positional and interest-based negotiation approaches
Approach and Features
During this two-day workshop, you’ll gain insight into your own negotiation biases, weaknesses, and strengths, and build confidence and competency through a series of role-plays and simulations. Workshop features include a conflict style diagnostic tool addressing the five common styles of dealing with conflict.
- Conflict reactions and styles
- Structuring the negotiation discussion process
- Collaborative and competitive negotiation approaches
- Building trust through negotiation
Sally Klingel is the director of labor-management relations programming for the Scheinman Institute, where she teaches, trains and provides organizational change consulting services to labor and management groups nation-wide. She specializes in the design and implementation of conflict and negoti...
have worked many years as a labor-relations lawyer and I am a negotiator, administrator, problem-solver and teacher with a diverse portfolio. With a Harvard Law degree and more than 25 years experience, I can provide the highest quality negotiation, contract and workplace advice and assistance, a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.