Who should attend
This course is designed for professionals about to make a leadership role transition or those recently transitioned.
About the course
Helping new and aspiring team leaders to successfully navigate the transition from co-worker to high performing leader.
- Explore strategies to cope creatively with change in yourself and others.
- Learn the six leadership styles most useful for team leadership.
- Practice how to be flexible and use an appropriate leadership style.
- Identify ways to communicate effectively as a team leader.
- Discover your dominant conflict management mode at work.
- Reflect on and understand current team management focus.
What is covered in the course?
- Managing your leadership transition.
- Reframing the discomfort of role change and transition.
- Raising self and team leadership awareness.
- Discovering leadership opportunities and challenges.
- Understanding leadership styles and when to use them.
- Learning effective communication skills for team leaders.
- Managing confliects and creating team cohesion.
- Monitoring team needs and learning to boost performance.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- awareness of transferrable skills and attitudes when moving from a team member to a team leader role
- knowledge of the six leadership styles to help become a flexible and effective leader and respond to team needs
- practice communication tools and conflict management to spot issues early on and confidently manage them.
Sonali is the Founder and Facilitator at Equality Consulting, based out of Adelaide, SA. Her work is valued in areas of developing inclusive leaders, leveraging diversity benefits and what can help organisations create inclusive work cultures. Prior to this, Sonali worked for over fifteen years i...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.