Who should attend
- (Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
About the course
Managers need to balance their roles between operational management and strategic thinking. As organisations flatten with changing roles, strategic thinking is no longer the responsibility of only senior management. All managers down the line are required to think strategically within the context of their organisation's business.
Benefits to You
Participants will develop a strategic mindset so as to add value to their organisations from within their own work units as well as in their interactions with other units. Developing a strategic mindset also prepares participants for higher levels of responsibility over time.
- Understand the difference between operational management and strategic thinking
- Understand what is strategy and how strategic thinking can add value to your organisation
- Learn a structured, four-step approach to strategic thinking
- Apply this approach to different types of organisations - commercial and non-commercial - and to different levels within an organisation - corporate, business unit and functional level
- Understand the challenges and key requirements of successful strategy execution
- What is Strategy and Strategic Thinking?
- A structured framework for strategic thinking
- Formulating Strategic Questions
- Answering the Strategic Questions
- Some Analysis Tools to Help Answer Questions
- Mission and Vision
- Strategic Thinking at the Functional Level
- Strategy Execution and key requirements for success
Alfred Chan is Executive Director of Imperial Consulting, Singapore. He has been in management consulting for over 20 years, with Arthur D. Little, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Arthur Andersen and KPMG, in the last two firms as a Partner and a Director respectively. Prior to management co...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.