Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Technical experts that wish to make their analyses and findings more accessible to a broader audience;
- Managers that want to promote greater use of data visualizations at their organization;
- Analysts that would like to grow their data visualization skill set but don’t know what tools/techniques to focus on.
About the course
In the era of “big data” charts, maps, and graphs have become an essential tool for finding and communicating the insights contained within such data. In this fast-paced two-day course, you will gain the foundational knowledge you need to improve your use of data visualizations in order to drive better decisions and outcomes. Through a combination of lectures, case studies, and exercises you will learn about both data visualization theory and practice. Emphasis will be placed on breadth of exposure, covering over 50 visualization types and 15 visualization platforms, allowing you to find the best tools and techniques for your specific needs. No prior experience with data visualization is required.
By the end of the class, students will be able to:
- Describe design principles that underlie good data visualizations;
- Map common communication goals to visualization types;
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of various data visualization tools & techniques;
- Create and implement a data visualization development and evaluation plan.
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.