Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Euromoney Learning Solutions.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Identify the red flags in fraud detection with this short course
This facilitated workshop is designed for all bank employees. A mixture of recent real cases and scenario analysis, including previously imposed legal penalties, fines, business limitations, and licence revocations will be discussed and assessed. This will enable a better understanding of the evolving intersection between business and customer empowerment, and ever increasing regulatory scrutiny and expectations.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Position fraud as the symptom of unethical behaviour
- Develop understanding of the broad arena of business fraud today and its salient trends
- Identify the red flags in fraud detection
- Build understanding of what is expected in managing the fraud risks of the organisation
- Make the links between increased fraud risk and its impact on an organisation’s reputation as well as the employee’s personal reputation
Course Programme – A Four Hour Course
Session 1 Culture & Conduct
- Compliance and Risk Culture
- Compliance & Conduct
- Conduct Risks & Conduct Costs (CCP)
- Ethical misconduct and share price
- Conduct regulation; SMCR, MIC, BEAR, and the impending accountability regime in Singapore
Session 2 Ethics Fundamentals
What are Ethics?
The role of ethics in society
- Overview of the history and development of ethics
- The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law
- Customs and conventions – how ethics and moral values differ between cultures
- Why ethical decision-making is important within the private sector
- Consequences of unethical behaviour
Session 3 Critical Elements of Ethical Thinking
- What are ethical frameworks
- How can they be applied at work?
Session 4 Impact of Digitisation for the Financial Services Industry
The next revolution? Or evolution? FinTech, RegTech, and DataTech
Digitisation; what does this mean and when will consumers fully embrace this?
Non-face to face verification?
- Regulatory and legal implications including our responsibility and compliance obligations to conduct adequate due diligence
Cyber threat vulnerability of entrenched systems, such as SWIFT:
- Repeated cyber and data breaches in recent years
- The Bangladesh Bank heist; logistics, detail and implications for increase of such systems and processes
Session 5 Cyber Security
What is cybersecurity?
How is cybersecurity compromised?
- What is malware?
- What are the different types of malware?
- Viruses & Worms
- Spyware & Trojan Horses
- Case Study – Lazarus Group
- An overview of social engineering as a type of fraud
- Singapore & Online Threats
- Case Study – NUS & NTU hackers
- Nigerian 419 Scam
- Case Study – Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Online Scams – how to look out for tell-tale phishing signs?
- Phishing over the phone
Who should attend
Relationship Managers, Private Bankers, Wealth Managers, Client Advisors and other Client Facing Bank Personnel
Trust the experts
Sam is the Founder of complilearn, providing specialist and advanced Compliance learning to clients globally. He has extensive experience delivering content across a wide range of Governance, Risk, and Compliance areas, to a variety of industry sectors. Sam has been based in Singapore for nearly ...