Who should attend
This program is offered to middle-to-senior managers who are already able to think strategically, work effectively in teams, and who are open to new perspectives.
It has been specifically designed to help middle-to-senior managers develop a strong foundation in the dynamics of complexity and leadership, and equip them with a range of key skills and competencies to enhance performance in their current roles and prepare them for a future in leadership.
About the course
Gain a strong foundation in the dynamics of complexity and develop your leadership skills.
The game hasn’t changed, it has become change. Change in business and government is no longer an identifiable event, but rather a constantly and rapidly evolving state. Today’s leaders operate in an increasingly complex and unpredictable environment in which change occurs at an unprecedented speed and magnitude. The future is uncertain, and problems often transcend the boundaries of single organisations or professions.
The Foundations of Transformative Leadership Program is an experiential development program designed in partnership with the University of Texas at Austin to provide mid-to-senior managers with a strong foundation in the dynamics of complexity and leadership, and equip you with a range of key skills and competencies to enhance performance in your current role and prepare you for a future in leadership.
The program is offered to mid-senior managers who are already able to think strategically, work effectively in teams, and who are open to new perspectives.
- Learning to learn, maximizing program impact
- The foundations of Adaptive Leadership
- Understanding mindset and how we make decisions
- Leadership and complexity / unpredictability
- Identifying simple, complicated and complex aspects of problems and how to respond
- Observation & Interpretation: understanding the actions, behaviours and patterns of others and their impact
- Change and loss: Overcoming immunity to change
- Multiple perspectives: Considering multiple viewpoints and generating multiple interpretations and solutions
- Tools and techniques to act and make progress on complex challenges Benefits for your organisation.
How will my organisation benefit?
Participants will leave the program with a deep understanding of the nature of leadership, enabling them to connect values and empower individuals to drive results. They will crystallise your organisational purpose and gain the ability to routinely view situations from multiple perspectives, allowing the participant to better observe the actions, behaviours and patterns of others, as well as themselves.
During the program, participants will be given the opportunity to explore and address a major challenge facing your organisation and apply their learnings to create sustainable change.
- On-site intensive learning led by renowned educators.
- Interactive online sessions.
- Purposeful interactions with peers outside the classroom.
- Discussions with some of the best thinkers in and out of government.
Participants also undertake individual and group activities designed to broaden their understanding of the concepts and provide opportunities to apply their learning in a real-world context.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.