Foundations of Strategy
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Competitive advantage erodes over time. Creating a new competitive edge, and implementing the strategy to do it, contributes to the future of your company.To achieve this, you need to understand the main strategic tools and skills, and recognise the impact of strategic decisions, vital for any function within an organisation.
This three-day programme offers established and proven strategy frameworks and tools that are essential to every company, and every strategy. You’ll learn how to work with the key elements of strategy so you can tackle business challenges, and recognise competitive advantages. You’ll gain actionable tips and skills to use directly in your job and organisation. The course will take roughly 50–60 hours to complete; half of it will be in class. The rest is spent on preparation, and your home assignment.
When you have completed this programme, you will be able to:
- use the latest knowledge to implement strategies in your job
- analyse industries, competition, success factors and organisational competencies – and understand their effect on strategy
- help your organisation conceptualise and formulate strategies
- identify the major challenges in executing strategy and their effects
- understand how acquisitions and alliances help strategy
- propose an action plan that will help you tackle your business challenges.
Who should attend
This programme is for all (first time or soon to be) managers – in finance, marketing, human resources and other functions – that aspire to a more senior management position, and would like to learn how they can further add to the overall success of the organisation by understanding how strategic changes and decisions will affect their day-to-day operations and add value.