Foundations of Sales Management
The new Queen's Foundations of Sales Management Program offers organizations a progressive approach to building competency and self-sufficiency in sales managers. Structured across three modules, the program equips Sales Managers with a practical tool kit of proven concepts and methods that enable them to develop and lead an increasingly sophisticated sales organization.
Our Program enables Sales Managers to:
- Manage Sales People - Hire, coach and develop individual sales people
- Manage Sales Productivity – Optimize their personal and team sales productivity in the context of the broader organization
- Foster Successful Sales Culture – Translating Corporate goals and plans into team-level goals and activities that motivate sales teams to work effectively and deliver to plan
In addition to the skills and knowledge gained in the core sales modules, Sales managers build a personalized Sales Manager tool kit for immediate implementation with their teams.
Enhance your ability to manage sales performance. Get better results from your team.
- Gain new insights and skills in building a successful sales team
- Learn live coaching techniques proven effective in improving sales performance
- Acquire effective tactics to align the broader organization to support your sales team's success
- Set an effective sales mission, cadence and culture for improved sales focus, visibility and control
- Learn proven ways to maximize your own productivity while managing diverse sales teams
- Network with a group of sales managers from a variety of industries and sales backgrounds
Improve the self-sufficiency of sales leaders in managing teams for superior results.
- Equip sales managers with a foundation of skills to effectively lead diverse sales teams
- Give sales managers the case learning and tools to manage more independently and successfully
- Deepen sales manager knowledge and ability to pinpoint and resolve performance issues
- Give sales managers the structure and tools to influence team performance and accelerate sales
- Expand sales managers awareness and skillset to secure broad organizational support for sales
- Foster sales culture deeply aligned to and motivated by your company's strategy
The program emphasizes a combination of sales management goals, proven techniques, company success stories and role playing to raise participants conceptual understanding, practical skills and experiential learning in sales management. Participants finish the program by designing their own Sales Manager tool kit based on content spanning the 2-day session.
THE PROGRAM IS BUILT AROUND THREE KEY MODULES:
Managing Sales People
Establish an effective framework to manage sales people across the employment cycle.
- Improve your ability to identify, interview and hire high potential sales candidates
- Learn how to develop sales people in live coaching mode across the sales cycle
- Understand how to assess sales competency gaps and identify appropriate training
- Enhance skills in detecting, managing and exiting poor sales performers
Managing Sales Productivity
Understand and apply proven approaches to maximize personal and team productivity.
- Master personal productivity with a focus on time management and calendar control
- Maximize team productivity through sales team cadence and client engagement cycle
- Working with your sales leader to maximize visibility, engagement and support
- Sensing and addressing sales conflicts and cross-functional support needs
Fostering a Successful Sales Culture
Using a motivating cause to drive engagement and sustain commitment across the sales team.
- Accessing and maintaining visibility on the evolving state of the business
- Linking Sales team goals and values to corporate strategy and annual plan goals
- Managing changes in sales priorities and commitments with the sales team
- Translating corporate and sales strategy into specific team actions and milestones
- Communicating and motivating the cause as core to success of the sales team
Who should attend
The program is designed for sales managers who are new to the role or looking to sharpen their knowledge and skills in managing sales teams.