Who should attend
- New sales leaders in their first years managing a sales team
- Experienced professional sellers, aspiring to move into a sales leadership role
- Sales operations professionals and internal sales partners looking to deepen their ability to work with and support the core sales organization
- Any sales leader looking to raise their level of self-sufficiency and control over their Sales environment
About the course
New sales managers don’t just face a 10-fold increase in job scope in their first day - they also face a rapidly changing business world that compounds the challenge of deciding where to focus and how to gain real control over their sales space. As a result, more than half of all sales reps promoted to management return to frontline sales within two years.
This program is all about breaking this avoidable pattern.
In just three half-day sessions:
Queen’s Foundations of Sales Leadership gives new and aspiring sales leaders a powerful management model with the tools, practices and learning experience they need to own, control and lead in a fast-changing sales world.
The program includes three core modules:
- Driving Sales Productivity – Ensuring sales leader and team operate with the structure and discipline to drive measurable results.
- Coaching Sales People – Equipping sales leaders with the coaching perspective and skills to manage team members through pivotal moments with customers and internal sales partners.
- Managing Sales Teams With Data – In the context of an increasingly data-driven world, The session equips participants with a combination of metrics, practices, and tools to manage a sales team toward optimal performance.
Delivered in a live, online format:
- The program offers participants a highly interactive learning experience
- Expert facilitators use real-life cases and role-playing to maximize learning value
- The program culminates in a live online competition to test, reinforce and reward participant retention of key learning points from across the three core modules
Increase your confidence, awareness and control in leading sales teams. You will:
- Understand how to lead sales from a position of strength and control
- Set your own sales management model, cadence and calendar to orchestrate a team
- Understand the most important sales KPIs and how to apply them with a team
- Acquire essential coaching practices and join live role-plays to hone your sales coaching skills
- Understand the key drivers of stress and burnout in sales teams and how to manage them
Increase sales leader self-sufficiency and effectiveness in leading sales teams. Organizations will experience:
- Reduced risk of failure for new sales leaders after promotion
- Faster integration of new sales leaders into the overall sales management system
- Reduced workload on sales Directors and Executives related to coaching new sales leaders
- Earlier detection and mitigation of business problems at the frontline of sales leadership
- Faster, more systematic focus and action on sales KPIs at the individual and team level
- Reduced risk of losing high-potential sales professionals ready for promotion
THE PROGRAM IS BUILT AROUND THREE KEY MODULES:
Driving Sales Productivity
- Face the limited scope of what sales leaders really control
- Structure a powerful sales cadence to maximize sales
- Go beyond CRM to use KPIs to drive timely sales visibility and action
- Develop and harness your sales ecosystem for step-changes in growth
Coaching Sales People
- Learn how to develop sales people across the sales cycle
- Understand how to assess sales competency gaps and training needs
- Enhance skills in detecting and exiting poor sales performers
- Sharpen your skills for high-impact, real-time coaching
Managing Sales Teams with Data
- Understand the increasingly critical role data plays in sales success
- Go beyond CRM to use KPIs to drive timely sales visibility and accountability
- Understand and apply data analytics to systematically tackle revenue challenges
- Develop and harness your sales ecosystem to create step-changes in growth
Dynamic Remote Learning
Participate in the program from anywhere. Queen’s Executive Education remote learning programs combine live, dynamic video instruction with breakout sessions, panel discussions, and expert Q&A.
Our learning platform is fully encrypted, allowing you to connect securely from home, office or anywhere in between.
Remote programs are designed to fit within your schedule, allowing you to learn new skills and immediately put them to work.
Michael Cant is CEO of Blast Group Inc., a strategy and technology advisory firm focused on enterprise performance management. Michael has over 25 years of experience in telecom and technology services in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia. Prior to Blast, Michael led Sales Optimization a...
As Assistant Professor, HEC Montreal, specialized in salesforce effectiveness, Bruno brings academic and industry sales management experience to work with program participants in Module 3, Fostering Successful Sales Culture. Author of several management journal articles, Bruno has a Ph.D., Market...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.