Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Existing and new project managers who want to explore fundamentals, avoid common mistakes, and significantly improve their success rates.
About the course
Project management is fundamental to business success. When projects are completed on time and on budget, with their expected business value achieved, companies not only reap the benefits in terms of increased revenue and competitive advantage, but they waste 28 percent less money than organizations that don’t invest in proven project management practices.
Foundations of Project Management shares those best practices in a dynamic two days that will show current and future project managers how to increase their success rates. Instead of using intuition and prior knowledge of what may have worked, participants will learn proven tools and techniques that can be applied on any project. The program directly addresses the most common reasons projects fail, using a powerful business simulation, case study, and class discussions that leverage the experiences of both the instructor and the participants. You will be able to provide increased value to your organization on your first day back at work.
- Project Management Foundations: The Project Management Process, Work Breakdown Structure, Network Diagrams and the Critical Path
- Schedule Development
- Risk Management Introduction
- Resource Allocation
- Communication Planning
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Risk Planning and Management
- Risk Identification techniques
- Project Management Simulation
- Project Execution, Delivery and Control
- Project Close
- SimulTrain® Project Management Simulator
Participants in this program will:
- Define a project upfront by writing a project charter that clearly outlines its goals
- Develop a project communication plan (lack of this plan is one of the most common reasons projects fail)
- Create a stakeholder analysis and engagement plan that involves key executives in a project
- Break down a project into manageable activities and sequence those activities to use resources most effectively
- Establish project schedules and spending plans
- Learn and apply specific techniques for project risk management, including premortems
As CEO of Merit Systems, I ensure that Merit designs and delivers high value continuing professional education. Using the most current knowledge of human learning and teaching methods and techniques, Merit provides training that “sticks”—learning with a high retention rate. With nearly 15 years o...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.