Foundations in Human Resources
Human Resources are a developing and integral part of business management in most industries today. Therefore, understanding the foundational knowledge of Human Resources is key to a successful career. In DePaul University’s Foundations in Human Resources Certificate Program, you will be introduced to the basic functions and issues pertaining to early HR career roles. This eight-week, online program will help you prepare for the Associate Professional in Human Resources™ (aPHR™) certification exam offered by the HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Our instructors will teach the knowledge outline and functional areas from the aPHR™ Exam Content Outline combined with the practical skills needed to perform the daily duties of an early to intermediate HR career. This one-of-a-kind program is the industry’s first-ever HR certification designed specifically for those who are new to or transitioning into the HR profession. DePaul is the only University in Chicago to offer this unique certificate.
This certificate will fill the gap in education and training for those who are searching for a way to stand out and revitalize their careers. It will serve as a catalyst to an HR career path and convey specialized training and a commitment to the field. You will also gain from DePaul’s 20-year reputation of preparing professionals for HR certification.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the tasks of the HR function
- Describe the laws, regulations and policies that affect an organization
- Explain the hiring process
- Apply total rewards
- Recognize ways to apply compensation and benefits laws and answer employee inquiries
- Describe methods for training, employee development and performance evaluation programs
- Describe the connection between morale, performance and retention
- Recognize ways to serve the well-being of the organization and employees
- Apply workplace health, safety, security and privacy laws
Who should attend
This course is for professionals who are embarking on an HR career including recent college graduates who have an interest in HR, armed services men and women who would like to make the transition to a civilian profession and professionals seeking a career transition into the HR field.