Foundation in Business Administration and English
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alliance Manchester Business School.Full disclaimer.
This 4-week programme equips young international executives and graduates with the key business and management knowledge and skills required for study in the UK. It is perfect preparation for starting an MBA or similar postgraduate course.
Before starting a postgraduate course in the UK, international students need to quickly understand the fundamentals of core business disciplines, at the same time as developing confidence in your knowledge of English in an academic and a business setting.
The course develops essential business and management skills and provides a good grounding in the theories and concepts needed to prepare you as a strong MBA or Masters candidate.
- Insight into the fundamentals of core business disciplines
- Key communication and interpersonal skills through regular presentations carried out on the course
- Knowledge and confidence to use business and conversational English through total immersion in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Knowledge of how to work effectively in multi cultural teams
- Broader understanding and appreciation of management practice from a range of business sectors
- Full insight to the academic and classroom environment
- Ability to adjust your working mode to meet different challenges from those of the professional world
- Delegates become part of our Executive Education Network, continuing their links with the business school through regular updates and events.
The programme has been designed with a very specific audience in mind which means that it is closely tailored to your needs at this stage in your studies. We design the course each year based on previous feedback, using the expertise of our Alliance MBS academics and selected guest speakers to create the right programme for the group
The intensive course develops skills in three key areas – business concepts, general management skills and study tools. It gives an excellent overview of modern business practice through::
- Business communication and presentation skills
- Management of organisations
- Accounting and finance
- Change management
- Creativity in business
- British culture
Who should attend
Graduates, postgraduates and junior managers who are looking to develop their business knowledge and management skills in preparation for an MBA or similar postgraduate course in a UK educational institution.