About the course
This course provides guidance on the general principles of accounting for foreign currency matters in accordance with ASC 830, including how to determine an entity’s functional currency, account for foreign currency transactions, and translate financial statements into the functional currency of the parent.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- identify foreign currencies and which currency is more valuable from an exchange rate
- compute the foreign exchange gains and losses given changes in exchange rates
- apply the functional currency concept based on the entity’s primary economic environment
- recall the measurement requirements and accounting for foreign currency transactions
- recall the accounting requirements for translation of financial statements.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.