Who should attend
The program is designed to benefit
Category Managers, Brand Managers and Product Managers from the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector and Managers from other industries who want to learn advanced marketing techniques. Innovation Managers, Production Managers, and Sales Managers who work directly with Marketing departments; as well as Managers from companies directly related to the FMCG industry (e.g. Retail companies, Communication Agencies, Packaging companies, Market Research companies)
About the course
The majority of FMCG products today are in mature phases, with a high-level of competition in each category and very low margins. Organizations have to handle large brand portfolios to answer very different consumer needs, with almost no opportunities to find new niches. Consumers are overinformed and bombarded by too many stimuli, limiting the impact of Marketing Communication strategies. This programme will help decision-makers to build a solid foundation in strategic marketing, using concepts and best practices from the FMCG industry. It is also meant to train marketing and non-marketing managers to set up objectives and strategies to build and maintain brand equity and growth. Participants will be equipped with the skills and competencies required to develop a successful marketing plan, allocate resources and implement it in the most efficient and effective manner, particularly during challenging times.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
The programme will strengthen your capacity to:
- Observe and understand the consumer and shopper behavior within the FMCG market
- Innovate in overcrowded categories
- Identify the consumer needs your brand is currently addressing
- Segment the market and choose the right target consumer
- Identify your brand’s key competitive advantages and your competitor unique selling propositions
- Review your Brand Portfolio and define your Brand Identity
- Develop a full Communication and Promotional plan
- Evaluate and determine the best Channel Strategy for your brand
- Set up a Price Strategy
- Develop and implement a full marketing plan
The Fast Moving Consumer Goods Market and Consumers
- Identifying and Understanding FMCG Consumer trends and insights
- Best Market Research Tools and Methodologies
- Segmenting and Targeting your Consumer
- New Product Development
- Packaging Development – Key issues and Major trends
Brand Management for FMCG
- From Branding to Brand identity
- Brand equity and Brand Health indicators
- Portfolio Strategy
- Price strategy and positioning
Constructing Your Marketing Plan
- Digital Marketing and Social Media for FMCG products
- Integrated Marketing Communication for FMCG products
- Trade Marketing, Category Management, and Merchandising
- Retail Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Plan: development & implementation
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
She started her career at Citibank Nigeria and spent approximately 14 years in the nation’s financial sector during which she garnered experience in strategy, product development, sales and marketing,customer serviceand customer relationship management, cultural change management, amongst others....
Dr Uchenna Uzo joined LBS in February 2002. He received his B.Sc and M.Sc in Sociology from the University of Lagos, and his Masters of Research in Management as well as PhD in Management from the IESE Business School, Barcelona. He is a member and reviewer of the Academy of Management and also ...
Vanessa Burgal is a Marketing faculty at Lagos Business School. She has more than 20 years of experience in Europe, Africa and South-America as a Marketing Consultant, coach and university teacher working for Heineken International, Coca-Cola, United Biscuits, Agrolimen and Alimentaria Exhibition...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.