From disruptive threat to enabling partner, FinTech has entered a new phase of its evolution
In recent years, the FinTech landscape has been defined by disruptive digital technology transforming banking and financial services. FinTech companies have successfully filled gaps left by existing financial institutions to serve customers’ changing needs. FinTech has moved beyond the disruption of financial industries and is in the process of being adopted by a variety of financial institutions. The industry is now defined by who will drive this innovation.
The Harvard VPAL FinTech online short course offers an up-to-date look into the FinTech industry. It provides expert guidance and insight into the shifting nature of the financial sector and a holistic understanding of the technologies and innovations set to shape the future of finance and business. It also examines the growth of regulation in the industry, how older institutions are adapting to these changes, and the changing strategies of start-ups to ensure profitability.
Utilizing innovative pedagogical approaches pioneered by the Harvard Business School, this online short course adapts the Case Method Approach for online education by presenting real-life challenges that reflect the complex, ever-changing nature of the FinTech landscape and placing the student in the role of the decision maker to assess engagement and understanding of the topics.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate from Harvard’s VPAL in this online course and be empowered to:
- Gain clarity on the speculation and hype of the FinTech landscape in order to better understand how to tackle transformative initiatives and prepare for future financial services priorities
- Analyze and identify the technologies set to shape the future of finance and examine the potential for partnerships between incumbents and new age technology companies
- Explore who is currently adopting and driving financial innovations using real-world examples to assess the changes, disruption and adaptations resulting from the rise of FinTech solutions
- Think strategically and creatively about problems faced by real companies to critically assess the future of FinTech
Engage with and think critically about the maturing FinTech landscape, as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation Module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Reshaping the banking and payments industry
- Module 2 Raising money with FinTech
- Module 3 Harnessing data with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Module 4 Transforming personal finance with FinTech
- Module 5 Demystifying blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Module 6 Forging the future of FinTech
- Conference Week An optional final week for sharing capstone project presentations
Engage with FinTech Innovation
This Harvard VPAL online short course is delivered in collaboration with GetSmarter. Learn from industry thought leaders as you explore what FinTech means for your organization and the future of business and finance.
Earn a premier certificate from Harvard VPAL
Become formally recognized for your knowledge when you earn a premier certificate from Harvard’s VPAL – and use it to set yourself apart as you support and guide your business into the maturing FinTech landscape.
Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and couriered to you, at no additional cost, upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements. All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of the University.