Who should attend
You and your fellow participants are leaders or managers in a finance-related organisation preparing for disruptive changes in the finance services industry. You are responsible for innovation or digitalisation projects, or are keen to develop and sustain innovation capabilities. You are curious about fintech opportunities for innovating business models in the finance industry, or are simply interested in learning more about the future of the financial sector.
About the course
As fintech continues to bring disruption to the finance industry, how can executives effectively respond to the innovations it brings – and benefit from them? This programme will deepen your understanding of fintech and the effect of innovations on the financial services industry. You will be equipped to identify and implement such opportunities in your own organisation.
Fintech is here to stay, and it changes everything
Fintech is reshaping the financial services industry in an unprecedented way. To misappropriate a quote from Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase in 2015: “Fintech start-ups are coming to eat your lunch!” But now, as the market matures, more and more fintechs are enablers, not disruptors. To effectively leverage fintech opportunities and remain competitive in this new environment, financial firms need to adapt their culture and business models to support fintech innovations.
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- have the mindset needed to create a culture that supports innovation
- be familiar with the history of innovation in finance
- understand how fintech innovations are transforming the finance industry and others
- know how to create value with fintech innovations in large financial organisations
- be able to leverage fintech opportunities for your organisation
- have a basic understanding of innovation governance and agile management
- be able to apply design thinking to the financial services industry
- apply your knowledge in practice using your own fintech business case.
Daniel Liebau is the founder of Lightbulb Capital, a consulting and advisory firm focusing on innovation. He was COO and an executive director of HSBC Securities (Singapore) Pte Ltd, and also head of IT for HSBC’s Investment Bank. He has over 19 years of experience in investment banking technolog...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.