Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Executives with experience in banking, financial services, asset management or similar industries
- Professionals with a strong interest in financial innovation, including venture capitalists, consultants and entrepreneurs
- IT, security and regulatory professionals
About the course
From digital payments to peer-to-peer lending, innovations in financial technology continue to capture the attention of businesses and consumers alike. The financial services industry increasingly faces disruption to the value chain, putting incumbent organizations on notice. But why are traditional U.S. incumbents missing out on innovation opportunities? What is driving the development of new, disruptive platforms for processing payments, loans or investments? And further, what are the broader social implications of fintech’s rise?
In our live online course, we’ll address these questions as we examine the current fintech landscape and how disrupters such as Square, Stripe, Lending Club and Robinhood are transforming the financial services market. We’ll also explore the next wave of technologies — blockchain, cryptocurrencies and robotics — which are likely to accelerate the disruption.
- Gain insight into the opportunities and challenges associated with the digital transformation of finance
- Understand how financial technology disruptors are capturing revenue pools of incumbent financial services firms
- Explore the landscapes transformed by fintech, including payment systems, consumer and small business lending, wealth management and advisory services
- Examine strategic frameworks to make informed decisions about fintech opportunities, including valuation approaches and potential partnerships
- Module 1: Financial Services Value Chain Baseline and Players
- Module 2: Mapping Financial Services Value Chain to Financial Outcomes
- Module 3: Disruption in Payments and Other Transactional Services
- Module 4: Disruption in Lending
- Module 5: Disruption in Wealth Management
- Module 6: Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain
- Module 7: Neo Banks and Open Banking
- Module 8: InsurTech and PropTech
- Module 9: Financial Valuation of Bitcoins, Initial Coin Offerings and Fintechs
- Module 10: Financial Inclusion
Dr Karthik Balakrishnan’s research investigates the economic consequences of corporate disclosure, financial reporting quality and disclosure regulations. He has also studied the interaction between accounting and stock market efficiency. He has research interests in credit markets and the real e...
Zoran has more than 20 years of experience in executive education and management consulting with hundreds of clients in Europe, North America, Asia, and Africa. He has expertise in a wide area of managerial disciplines, like design and implementation of innovation strategy and processes, developm...
Manolo Sánchez is currently a director at Fannie Mae (FNM), OnDeck Capital (ONDK) and BanCoppel (Mexico) after having served as chairman and CEO of BBVA Compass for 10 years. At Rice University’s Jones School of Business, he teaches disruption in financial services with a focus on crypto currenci...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.