Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Macquarie Graduate School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Understand the challenges and manage the risks
Large scale investments are, by definition, so sizeable that failure would compromise a sponsor’s continued existence if not for appropriate financial engineering techniques.
Project finance is the dominant technique used to finance large-scale projects around the world. It is distinct from corporate and government finance, with its own specialised approach.
You will learn about the unique qualities of project finance, including the many ways it allocates risk and responsibilities to render complex projects financeable.
Learn from insiders with experience in major project finance deals
Understand the multi-step process of large-scale investment analysis
Gain experience applying program insights to real-life projects
This program equips you with a key set of skills which will add value to any private or public organisation engaged in large-scale projects.
You will learn to:
- Assess the applicability of project finance to an investment opportunity
- Identify and recommend risk management strategies
- Propose appropriate transactional structures
- Identify probably funding sources and costs
What you'll learn
- Overview of project and infrastructure finance
- Assessing project cash flows and valuation
- Risk identification, assessment and mitigation
- Structuring projects
- Capital sources and sizing
Who should attend
This program is designed for seasoned executives with at least five years’ professional experience, including:
- equity investors and project sponsors
- engineers and technical advisers
- finance executives from the public and private sectors, especially from industries such as transportation, social and economic infrastructure, energy and utilities, healthcare and education
- professional advisers, lawyers, auditors and risk managers.
Trust the experts
Cosmas is a co-founder and managing director of Ivest. He is an experienced investment banker who has been providing financial advice and raising capital for clients in Asia, the Middle East and Australia for over 20 years. Cosmas has covered a broad range of client needs from the transportation...