Who should attend
This OXFORD Financial Strategy training course is designed to introduce useful theories and practical skills to professionals from a range of disciplines and industry sectors, but particularly those involved in management, planning, finance and business decision-making roles.
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Head Office Team Members
- Strategy, Budgeting and Planning Managers
- Finance and Treasury Professionals
- Capital Investment Managers and Analysts
- Investment Analysts and Advisers
About the course
Financial strategy is an organisational change-maker. Why?
Because, over and above operating profit, financial strategy is concerned with the ways in which organisations may create corporate value and reflect the increased shareholder value with the primary aim of maximisation of shareholder wealth. All organisations aim to optimise operating profit by increasing revenue streams and reducing operating costs. An understanding of financial strategy and the development of its associated financial skills further builds on that through evaluation and adoption of the appropriate financial strategies necessary for an organisation to survive and grow and achieve its long-term objectives.
This OXFORD Financial Strategy online training course provides the participants with the essential skills and tools of financial strategy, and corporate finance, which is concerned with the effective use of financial resources to create corporate value. These skills are vital in today’s global consumer and capital markets where competition is fierce for both investors and customers. This leading edge online training course combines up-to-date theory with hands-on experience of developing powerful financial models and tools to equip the participants to take an active role the development and application of financial and business strategy.
Inappropriate financial strategies may destroy value and turn a successful organisation into a failure.
This training course will highlight:
- The vital link between competitive strategy and financial strategy
- Designing a funding strategy and optimum capital structure
- Using practical tools for capital investment decision-making
- Applying an integrated approach to financial risk management
- Key strategies for the long-term growth and defense of the business
This OXFORD training course is designed to provide the participants with an understanding of the relevant financial strategy and corporate finance principles and equip them with the practical skills to effectively apply these principles in a real business context in their organisation.
By the end of this virtual training course, the participants will be able to:
- Actively partake in strategic analysis and formulation
- Develop vital measures of financial performance and strength
- Design funding and capital structure strategies
- Build financial models to manage cash flow, risk, and investment decisions
- Advice on capital investment decision-making
- Provide insights into long-term business growth strategies
- Training Methodology
- This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The online training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organisation will benefit from the knowledge and application of up to date principles and practices in financial strategy and corporate finance that may contribute to the organisation’s potential to generate profit, cash flow and shareholder wealth. Main benefits will include:
- Improved knowledge of strategic analysis and strategy formulation
- Techniques for applying measures of financial performance
- Raised skill levels for capital investment decision-making
- Application of tools to manage business and financial risk
- High developed skills for managing cash flow and liquidity
- Greater awareness of business growth and defensive strategies
The participants will benefit from this hands-on training course that has been designed to provide them with both the essential theory of financial strategy and financial management, whilst focusing heavily on building the practical skills to effectively apply real skills in their own work roles.
This online training course will significantly enhance their contribution to organisational performance and improve their career prospects by:
- Skills in applying strategic analysis and developing effective business strategies
- The ability to use powerful tools to measure and analyse financial performance
- Raised skill levels in building financial models in Excel
- Working knowledge of tools and financial instruments to manage risk
- Using fully developed skills to manage cash flow and liquidity
- Awareness of advanced theories in innovation and business disruption
*DAY 1 *
Business and Financial Strategy – The Vital Link
- The Purpose and Goals of the Firm
- The Aims and Principles of Competitive Strategy
- The Role of Financial Strategy in Business Success
- Tools for Strategic Analysis and Strategy Development
- Building a Winning Business Model
- Implementing an Effective Performance Management System
- Financial Planning: Budgeting and Beyond
Financial Performance Management
- Understanding, Analysing and Interpreting Financial Statements
- Agency Theory and its Impact on the Business’s Goals
- Investor and Stock Market Behaviour: Share Price Drivers
- Key Concepts in Measuring Shareholder Value
- Understanding Cost Behaviour and Profit
- Measuring and Improving Return on Investment
- A Strategic Approach to Cost Reduction
- Managing and Enhancing Shareholder Value
Funding Strategy and Liquidity Management
- Sources of Business Finance: Equity and Debt
- Financial Gearing – Risk and Impact on Profitability
- Calculating Company Cost of Capital and its Implications
- Optimum Capital Structure: Theory and Practice
- Cash Flow and Liquidity Management
- Designing and Building Financial Models in Excel
- Financial Model Application: Cash Flow Forecasting
- Predicting Corporate Distress and Failure
Capital Investment Strategy and Risk Management Strategy
- Capital Investment Management
- Using the Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Tools in Excel
- Tools for Capital Investment Appraisal and Decision-making
- Financial Model Application: Capital Investment Appraisal Analysis
- An Integrated Approach to Risk Management
- Tools for Identifying and Analysing Business Risk
- Using Financial Instruments to Manage Financial Risk
- Decision-making under Conditions of Risk
Corporate Governance: Defending and Growing the Business
- Purpose and Principles of Corporate Governance
- Long-term Business Growth Strategies
- Why even great companies can fail?
- Understanding Business Model Disruption
- Innovation Killers
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Restructuring and Reorganisation
Oxford e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who have attended and completed the online course outline.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.