Who should attend
- CEO’s and Business Owners
- Managers with some finance and accounting background
- Other Executives
- Junior staff or analysts who have a related academic background or the relevant experience
About the course
Financial statements are used for many purposes. They are used by banks and other financial institutions to evaluate the financial structure, the credit rating and stability of an organization. Suppliers review them to evaluate credit worthiness. Investors analyze them to assess the organization’s cash flow generating potential. Employees may use them, as may potential buyers of a business. How do they do this?
Furthermore, many users do not fully understand the underlying concepts of how financial statements are prepared, or how different accounting policies can be used which can significantly affect the presentation of the organization’s financial position that may lead to false conclusions.
This course is designed to provide this vital understanding.
- Basic accounting concepts and financial statements
- Financial ratio analysis
- Forecasting statements
- Forecasting future: using statistical and business prediction
- Risk management and valuation
- Sensitivity analysis in one and two dimensions
Benefits for you
The course is designed to provide participants with:
- A detailed understanding of the structure of financial statements: the balance sheet, the income statement, the cash flow statement and the notes.
- The knowledge on how to analyze the financial statements using analytical tools from different user perspectives.
- Ways to evaluate concepts of financial statements preparations
Dr. Stelios N. Markoulis studied finance at Cass Business School (BSc, MSc, PhD) and London School of Economics (MSc). He currently teaches in the area of finance – as a member of the visiting faculty – at University of Cyprus, Cyprus International Institute of Management and Cyprus Open Universi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.