Financial Planning Teaching Seminar
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Columbia University School of Professional Studies.Full disclaimer.
Oﬀered on Columbia University’s Morningside campus in New York City, this experience based Financial Planning Teaching Seminar is oﬀered jointly between Columbia University School of Professional Studies and the CFP Board Center for Financial Planning. The seminar will focus on both ﬁnancial planning content as well as basic instructional design, using learning objectives, student assessment, and avenues of bringing experiential learning into the classroom or online learning platform.
Faculty within ﬁnance and accounting, CFP® professionals hoping to begin a full or part-time career teaching in a CFP Board Registered Program, current faculty within all CFP Board Registered Programs, and doctoral students aspiring to begin a career preparing the next generation of CFP® professionals are invited to participate.
This teaching seminar presents current and prospective faculty with a wonderful opportunity to sharpen their teaching abilities, and it provides access to a library of teaching resources that will enhance instruction within a variety of program types and delivery formats. On-site sessions will run 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily and will include lunch and breaks.
This comprehensive three-day seminar is designed for instructors, adjuncts and aspiring teachers in finance, accounting or a related field. The Financial Planning Teaching Seminar is offered jointly by the Columbia School of Professional Studies and the Center for Financial Planning (CFP Board).
- Held on Columbia’s Morningside Heights Campus, the program offers:
- creative approaches to financial planning content
- instruction by leaders in the field
- experiential teaching techniques that bring the material to life
- access to a library of teaching resources and innovative methods
- a wealth of program types and delivery formats
- student assessment training
- an online learning platform and how to use it
Online Pre-Work (approximately 1 month prior to onsite seminar)
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning
- Program Development and Leadership
Onsite Seminar (Sunday through Tuesday)
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Taxation Investments
- Teaching Resources
Who should attend
- Current and aspiring faculty within finance and accounting
- CFP® professionals hoping to begin a full or part-time career teaching in a CFP Board Registered Program
- Current faculty within all CFP Board Registered Programs
- Doctoral students aspiring to begin a career preparing the next generation of CFP® professionals