Who should attend
- Chief financial officers;
- Financial managers;
- Investment analysts;
- Financial modellers;
- Private equity analysts;
- Corporate financiers;
- Portfolio and hedge fund managers;
- Valuation practitioners
- Participants should have good experience in the use of Excel in the area of finance.
About the course
Use the true power of Excel to tackle real-life financial challenges, by expanding your financial modelling skills and enhancing your data extraction and analytics abilities.
This intensive programme – ideal for managers, analysts, and other finance professionals – teaches you to use Excel to construct several models related to finance, asset management and investing, and data analytics. You’ll confidently unlock the enormous predictive value of these models while learning from 6 current business case studies and boosting your knowledge of finance.
Key focus areas:
Analysis of historical investment returns:
- Analysing historic share price data
- Using XLOOKUP and INDEX MATCH functions to extract useful data;
- Calculating average returns and standard deviations; and
- Calculating beta coefficients.
Analysis of data:
- Naming ranges
- Using INDEX MATCH functions to extract useful data;
- Using the RANK function to sort data;
- Using data validation; and
- Extracting data using the XLOOKUP function.
Loan amortisation tables
- Calculating loan repayments and interest
- Pricing debt instruments;
- Using SOLVER to estimate a bid price; and
- Creating and working with dynamic tables.
- Analysing historical share prices of FAAAN stocks
- Calculating beta coefficients;
- Random number generation; and
- Using Monte Carlo simulation to optimise returns
- Structuring valuation models
- Using a discounted cash flow valuation methodology to value a listed company;
- Using Monte Carlo simulation to create dynamic forecasts.
This course is part of number of select programmes which include the offer of access to Linkedin Learning – online learning video courses. Access will be made available on the first day of the GIBS programme and extends two months from the date of completion of the course.
How you will benefit:
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Work better, faster and more accurately in Excel
- Build Excel models to prepare financial forecasts;
- Use Excel to extract and work with historical share price data;
- Value debt instruments using Excel;
- Build corporate valuations;
- Navigate massive volumes of data with sureness; and
- Leverage your enhanced financial acumen.
A qualified CA (SA), spent eight years in the investment banking industry working in mergers & acquisitions advisory at Standard Bank and then Real Africa Durolink (‘RAD’). In 1997, he started the private equity division at RAD and led the fund-raising for a new third party fund. Greg left f...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.