This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This course is ideal for current or aspiring middle managers who require an understanding of various financial principles and terminology to further excel in their role or career. In 7 weeks you’ll have strengthened your knowledge, and acquired advanced skills in capital budgeting, financial statement analysis, and cash flow analysis. USB-ED’s Financial Management Fundamentals short course is sure to improve your command of the tools necessary to progress as a successful manager.
What will I learn?
- Distinguish technical terminology pertinent to any financial operation
- Analyse the various components of essential financial statements
- Control the various stages of working capital
- Improve your cash flow analysis
- Learn how the finance team supports the business
- Explain the four pillars of finance
- Perform advanced financial ratio analysis
- Evaluate the financial viability of selected projects
- Prepare a budget
- Week 1 - Basic Accounting Principles
- Week 2 - Analysing Financial Statements
- Week 3 - Financial Management
- Week 4 - Cost Accounting
- Week 5 - Budget and Sustainability
Who should attend
Develop and reinforce your understanding of standard financial management processes, terminology and techniques to better perform your role as a current or aspiring middle manager.
Trust the experts
Sulet van Niekerk
Sulet spent the last 10 years working for large corporate organisations before deciding on a career change. She has traded-in her flair for numbers for an equally challenging and exciting flair for people. Sulet is a business coach who has a strong desire to assist individuals in finding fulfilme...