Alberta School of Business
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Mid-level to senior managers in non-financial areas or those needing a refresher on current financial tools and concepts
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
About the course
In any organization, analyzing problems and making critical decisions is closely linked to accessing and understanding key financial data. Increasingly, managers, executives and professionals from non-financial backgrounds must understand the language of finance in order to make effective decisions. This learning experience will provide a practical, hands-on grounding in the essentials of finance and budgeting –demystifying financial statements, providing essential tools, measures, and concepts in a clear business context. This three day course is composed of the following one day modules:
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis to Improve Business Cases & Decisions
- Evaluate alternatives and make decisions that add to your company’s success.
- Apply financial management techniques for improved decision making.
- Interpret financial reports and statements.
- Understand how managerial decisions affect the entire organization’s finances.
- Communicate more effectively with accounting and finance personnel.
Franco (Frank) has made presentations to industry stakeholders in Canada, United States and Europe, covering topics such as stakeholder relations, municipal fundamentals and finance for non-financial managers. Prior to his plus 20 years as an educator, his professional experience included auditi...
After spending 25 years in industry in engineering, management and executive roles, I returned to the University of Alberta in 1999 to hold the Poole Chair in Management for Engineers, until June 2009. A prime responsibility was to rebuild the Engineering Management program in the Faculty of Engi...