Financial Essentials for Non-Financial Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Adelaide.Full disclaimer.
Understand key concepts and issues surrounding analysis of financial performance.
The information contained in financial reports is critical to understanding your organisation's situation - the opportunities for improvement and issues to be addressed. This is true no matter what sector you're in.
This program will give you the capability and confidence to interpret and use financial and accounting information. Assuming no prior knowledge or training, it will explore the basic ideas behind the key financial accounting reports.
What will you learn?
- Interpret and understand financial information with confidence
- Apply financial analysis when making management decisions
- Read and understand the three key financial accounting reports- the Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement and Statement of Cash Flows
- Use financial information to assess an organisations financial health including identification of weaknesses and opportunities
- Clearly understand internal budget/actual reports
Who should attend
Middle to senior managers and professionals:
- Public or private sector managers responsible for the management of people and / or resources, requiring a better understanding of the concepts and issues surrounding analysis of financial performance.
- Middle-to-senior managers with little or no formal finance or accounting qualifications.