Who should attend
- Financial managers;
- Completed a Finance Fundamentals course and want to raise your game;
- Part time investors looking for skills around finding quality investment candidates; and
- Junior investment analysts.
About the course
Develop your skills in financial investment analysis based on fundamental financial data. This programme will substantially raise your game when it comes to understanding fundamental analysis of companies. We dive into the financial data of listed companies to fully understand what it means for a company to create value. We explore the dynamics of value creation and how the financial metrics of a company informs its value creation capability. Ultimately, we are looking for worthy investment candidates. We combine our fundamental analysis with technical analysis to determine investment entries and exits.
In weekly webinars we will apply our learnings and explore different listed companies and evaluate their potential for investment.
There are several audiences that will benefit from this programme. Firstly, those who have some accounting and financial knowledge and want to raise their game by developing a deeper understanding of fundamental financial analysis. Secondly, those like to invest in listed companies and want to raise their game in discovering good quality investment candidates. Thirdly, company financial managers who may have a strong accounting knowledge but would like to build their understanding of the dynamics of valuation to have richer more meaningful "value" conversation back at the office. Lastly, individuals who have completed a fundamentals course in finance and want to take yourself to the next level.
How you will benefit:
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Interpret the income statement and balance sheet numbers of a business;
- Calculate and interpret financial ratios;
- Calculate and interpret investment ratios;
- Understand the dynamics of value creation;
- Understand financial and investment jargon;
- Clearly identify the levers of company value;
- Calculate the value of companies;
- Understand the meaning "cheap" and "expensive" shares; and
- Develop a list of investment candidate companies.
Key focus areas:
- Income statements;
- Balance sheets;
- Financial ratios;
- Investment ratios;
- Personal investing;
- Pension fund performance;
- Value creation;
- Stock markets;
- Share prices; and
- Financial markets.
Justin Spencer-Young specialises in VALUE. Researching it, understanding it, measuring it, finding it and creating it. Justin has lectured in finance and accounting for 7 years and talking value and value creation is what he enjoys most. He holds a BSc (Building) (Wits) and an MBA (Wits) and cal...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.