About the course
Enhance your knowledge of accounting and financial analysis with this programme
Accurate financial analysis and planning is a fundamental component of growth, business strategy and overall success. The Financial Analysis e-Learning course uses engaging and interactive multi-media to explain how financial measures of corporate performance are calculated and used to assess the credit worthiness of a business. The course examines all aspects of financial statement analysis and addresses all key areas from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
In order to undertake financial analysis, it is important to have a basic understanding of accounting and the first module takes learners through the basic accounting concepts related to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), including the International Accounting Standards.
The course includes numerous practical examples and real life illustrations, and it is presented in a user-friendly way to suit individuals with varying levels of financial knowledge and experience. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result delegates will return to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned.
The course is split into the following eight modules:
- Accounting Background to Financial Analysis
- Income Statement
- Analysing the Statement of Other Comprehensive Income
- Statement of Financial Position
- Analysing the Statement of Changes in Equity
- The Cash Flow Statement
- The Notes to the Financial Statements
- Different Types of Financing
Method and approach
The course comprises about 14 hours of self-paced multi-media eLearning, collaborative exercises and case studies, videos, self-assessment and learning support resources. On enrolment, learners will receive login details and will have access to the course and for a six-month period. Our e-Learning programmes are:
- UNIQUE - They use a multi-media learning programme designed by industry experts using the latest learning technology.
- FLEXIBLE - So you can study when and where you want: on a PC, laptop or through our unique app which works on all tablet devices.
- ENGAGING - The latest instructional techniques, practical examples and up-to-date case studies give you a learning experience designed to increase knowledge, develop skills and support application.
- TAILORED - You can study at your own pace using the self-assessments to find the resources that you need to experience a truly personalised learning experience.
- CONNECTED - Our innovative social learning platform allows you to collaborate with your tutor and other participants from anywhere in the world. Support from you tutor is always available at the click of a mouse.
Former Executive Director of CSFB and Lehman Brothers, the Course Director has spent seventeen years working as an investment banker in Europe and the US. She has principally worked in the credit markets and has experience of the US and European high grade and high yield markets, the European new...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.