Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with European School of Management and Technology.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Accounting, financial processes, and the interpretation of numbers
Managers in multifaceted organizations are seldom encouraged to consider their value-chain position or the value created by all the players involved. Indeed, many executives are not confident in their knowledge of the underlying principles and practical applications of basic investment-appraisal techniques.
This innovative, action-oriented, hands-on program in English language is designed for non-financial managers who wish to learn how accounting and financial processes work, and how to interpret the powerful messages that can emerge from the numbers. Finance for the Non-finance Executive (FIN) focuses on identifying and removing financial management roadblocks and helps establish a sustainable program on financial discipline and awareness.
- gain a deeper understanding of profit-and-loss accounts, balance sheets, and cash-flow statement operations
- learn to identify relevant costs and revenues
- obtain a firm grasp on finance
- communicate their financial goals to others
- receive a solid network of global contacts
- Developing awareness of external financial markets and their effects on management decisions
- Explaining relationships between revenue and costs and asset management; how return on capital employed (ROCE) is built from these two components, and how profit differs from cash
- Forensic analysis of cash-flow statements to predict financial stress
- Understanding the basic valuation framework surrounding investment decisions; measuring consequences of time adjustment, amounts of relevant cash flow, and risks
- Introducing new techniques in cost measurement, such as activity-based costing and value-chain analysis; discussing the relevance of these tools
- Effective cooperation with internal and external financial specialists
Who should attend
Senior or mid-level managers from a non-financial background interested in gaining a better understanding of financial principles.
Trust the experts
President of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland 1995/96 Management tutor to global companies; Adjunct Professor in Accounting and Control, INSEAD Fontainebleau (since 1984); Visiting Professor, European School of Management and Technology Berlin (since its inception) and Saïd Bu...
Jörg Rocholl has been the president of ESMT since July 2011. He joined ESMT in July of 2007 as an associate professor. In July 2010 he was promoted to professor and awarded the first EY Chair in Governance and Compliance. In September 2010 he was named as the associate dean of faculty and in Apri...