Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is for professionals in mid to senior level positions in either public or private organisations where your role involves responsibility for organisational and/or financial performance.
The course is designed and targeted at both:
- Those who do not have a financial background but whose careers would benefit from more effective understanding of the financial drivers of organisational success
- Those who do have a finance background but want to leverage their financial expertise for greater organisational and personal career success
About the course
Increase your knowledge, confidence and skills to better understand and influence financial decisions
A minimum threshold of financial expertise is a prerequisite for anyone aspiring to a leadership, management, or project management position. This intensive course integrates issues of financial information, management, leadership, strategy and communication.
On completion of the course you will have:
- Enhanced decision making at the operational and strategic levels thanks to a greater understanding of the financial implications of management decisions
- Greater confidence when engaging in financial discussions with senior colleagues
- Increased ability to deconstruct costs, revenue and the drivers of profitability
- A fuller appreciation of budgeting and project appraisal processes
Those already from a finance background will also benefit from:
- An increased awareness of how finance professionals can be ‘business partners’ for all functions within organisations
- An improved ability to communicate financial information to shareholders and other stakeholder groups effectively
- A fuller sense of how to move from performing a specialist finance function into a broader leadership role
Crawford has been at King’s since 2017. Immediately prior to joining King’s, he was Associate Dean at Warwick Business School with responsibility for the School’s academic programmes at its London Shard campus, particularly the Executive MBA. Previously, Crawford has worked at the United Arab Emi...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.