Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Those in mid to senior level positions in either public or private organizations whose role involves responsibility for organizational and/or financial performance. It is targeted at both: those who do not have a financial background but whose careers would benefit from more effective understanding of the financial drivers of organizational success; and, those who do have a finance background but want to leverage their financial expertise for greater organizational and personal career success
About the course
This course is aimed at two broad constituencies: those in, or aspiring to, senior leadership positions who want to increase their financial literacy, and those from a finance background who want to broaden their skillset and clarify how the finance function can add broader value to their organization. Designed around the themes of ‘Financial Management’, ‘Strategy’ and ‘Leadership’, we look at both the technical aspects of finance and the ways in which high level organizational decisions are influenced by finance. Crucially, a big emphasis is placed upon how these two intertwine and how a minimum threshold of financial expertise is a de facto pre-requisite for those aspiring to leadership positions.
Specifically, those taking this course will benefit in the following ways:
- Enhanced decision making at the operational and strategic levels via a greater understanding of the financial implications of management decisions
- Greater confidence when engaging in financial discussions
- Increased ability to deconstruct costs, revenue and the drivers of profitability
- Fuller appreciation of budgeting and project appraisal processes
Those from a finance background will benefit from the course in the following ways:
- Increased awareness of how finance professionals can be ‘business partners’ for all functions within organizations
- Improved ability to communicate financial information to shareholders and other stakeholder groups
- A fuller sense of how to move from performing a specialist finance function into a broader leadership role
Crawford has been at King’s since 2017. Immediately prior to joining King’s, he was Associate Dean at Warwick Business School with responsibility for the School’s academic programmes at its London Shard campus, particularly the Executive MBA. Previously, Crawford has worked at the United Arab Emi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.