Finance for Non-Financial Managers — Online
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GIBS Business School.Full disclaimer.
Do you want to improve your understanding of the principles of finance but have limited time out the office? Attend the online Finance for Non-Financial Managers.
This six-week online course will expose participants to financial and accounting concepts and issues that form part of everyday business. Using a mix of webinars, virtual discussion boards, interactive question and answer sessions, and online facilitator support, this pragmatic course will assist participants in developing their financial literacy and broadening their commercial understanding of finance by delving into the dynamics of the income statement, balance sheet statement and cash flow statement.
- Module 1: Course overview;
- Module 2: Laying the foundations - Business acumen and the income statement;
- Module 3: Building the income and balance sheet statements and understanding linkages between the statements;
- Module 4: Analysing the cash flow statement and understanding its importance;
- Module 5: Analysing aspects of financial performance through ratios; and
- Module 6: Understanding corporate finance and the basics of investment.
How you will benefit:
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand how the operational output of a business affects the income statement;
- Interpret the income statement and balance sheet numbers of a business
- Engage in operational planning using marginal costing and break-even analysis;
- Critically analyse financial decisions and how they affect performance.
- Understand financial jargon; and
- Calculate and interpret financial ratios.
Key focus areas:
How to create value;
Capital expenditure decisions;
The financial impact of your decisions;
Causes and drives costs;
Working capital management;
Key ratios and performance measures;
Growth, cash-flow and profitability considerations; and
Who should attend
- This programme is designed to provide managers in non-financial positions with a practical understanding of finance and accounting; and
- It is assumed that delegates will have no formal accounting or finance knowledge prior to attending this programme.