Who should attend
Finance for Non-financial Managers is a two-day course for managers who want to develop their financial understanding, understand how their decisions affect an organisation’s financial performance and improve their organisation’s financial performance. Whether you’re a new manager or an existing manager wanting a refresher this workshop will be useful. Relevant to public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
About the course
Develop your confidence and understanding of the financial aspects of your organisation.
This practical two-day course will help you to develop an understanding of financial jargon, see how your decisions affect your organisation’s financial performance, and improve your confidence when communicating with the finance team.
The tutor will explain common financial terms, explore key ratios, analyse the budgeting process, and examine tools used in future planning and decision making.
By the end of the Finance for Non-financial Managers course delegates will be able to:
- explain the framework of accounting and finance
- list what rules, concepts and assumptions underpin sets of accounts
- name the main financial statements
- explain common financial terminology and jargon
- describe the role of the auditor
- perform more effective budgeting and forecasting
- restate the importance of financial controls and systems
- explain the behaviour of different types of costs
- discuss how break even analysis can help their decision making
- perform ratio analysis on financial statements
- use discounted cash flow techniques for investment appraisal.
In two days, the programme will cover:
- Introduction to finance
- Context of accounting information
- The main financial statements
- Accounting rules and formats
- Budgeting and cash flow
- The role of the auditor and financial controls
- Cost behaviour
- Break even analysis
- Allocation of overhead costs
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Financial ratio analysis
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.